Calgary Nutrition Services at Preventous
in keeping with our focus on your complete health, we act as your Calgary nutrition centre, providing a range of nutrition services.
Comprehensive Nutrition Assessments (individuals or couples)
Your registered dietitian will conduct a thorough nutritional assessment that will include:
- Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) test to determine how many calories your body needs to lose, gain or maintain your current weight.
- Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis for screening body fat and determining body composition.
- Sophisticated diet analysis software to analyze your current nutritional intake and establish how closely you are meeting your body’s needs for energy, vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber and other important nutrients.
- Analysis of your lipid, iron and vitamin D status as well as other markers to further evaluate your specific nutritional needs.
- A detailed discussion to identify your goals and how they may be influenced by your lifestyle, needs and preferences.
- A flexible meal plan.
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) Testing
This information is vital in assessing how many calories your body needs to lose, gain or maintain your current weight.
The RMR test is done with the Indirect Calorimetry method, first measuring the amount of oxygen that your body consumes. This number is then used to extrapolate the number of calories that you burn at rest in a day.
Nutrition Education Sessions
For specific areas of interest such as: decreasing your fat, sodium, and cholesterol intake; the benefits of increasing fibre; healthy vitamins and minerals; pre and probiotics; blood glucose control, and more.
Grocery Shopping Tour
Learn to understand product ingredients, healthy choices, portion sizes and other helpful information right in your local grocery store. Customized for your specific needs and preferences.
Nutrition Maintenance Package
For those requiring longer term nutritional support. Includes a Total Nutrition Assessment, five 30-minute follow-up sessions and access to our online program to log meals, exercises and collect meal plans.
12-Week Lifestyle Programs
Peak fitness and proper nutrition go hand in hand. These programs combine personal training sessions with a comprehensive nutrition assessment and a grocery shopping tour.
How to Select a Nutrition Expert
The term ‘nutritionist’ is not protected by law in Alberta. That means that people with different levels of training and knowledge can all themselves nutrition experts. This makes it very challenging for you to determine whether the “nutritionist” has the training and knowledge to help you with your particular challenges and goals.
At Preventous, we overcome this problem by working with Registered Dietitians (RD).
Read more on How to Select a Nutrition Expert